Monday, November 2, 2009

We are SO Blessed!

Well, today Benjamin and I went to the New Hope Center with a friend of mine for moral support. We sat in the waiting room while my friend went to her appointment. Benjamin did a great job playing and stayed quiet through our stay. However, I couldn't help but look at the patients around the room and feel so small and uncomfortable. Here I was... a mom with my son with other women who are trying to get pregnant. I wish there was something I could have done or said to the women.

After the appointment we took off to a quick visit to Kid to Kid to look for Christmas presents for family members. We had to go back to New Hope for another appointment on how to administer shots. I was going to stay in the waiting room like before, but my friend and the nurse said I could go back for the class. There are no words to explain or comprehend what these couples will have to go through in order to conceive a child! The amount of medicine, time, energy, shots, and money these couples will go through is incredible.

God is truly amazing... I look at Benjamin in a whole new way now. Until recently I have been focusing on the milestones he hasn't conquered yet, but today I celebrated all of the milestones he has accomplished. God has made Benjamin in His perfect image and I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Brooke,
It was so good to meet you Saturday. I am SO glad you like the bucket and the washies!! I'll email you pictures (and details) of my son's bucket this afternoon. I really like the denim--I think it will hold up really well.